# Install and Deploy Applications
In this section, you will find all the available methods to deploy an application.
# With an APK File
To deploy an application from an APK file to a virtual device, Drag and drop the application APK file into the virtual device window:
Alternatively, you can use the File upload widget or the command line with adb:
- Setup and connect the instance to ADB.
- Run this command:
adb install <application name>.apk
# From PlayStore (Open GApps)
The application you are developing or testing may require an interaction with Google Play Services (e.g.: in-app purchasing, advertising, etc.).
If you really need them, you can use the packages provided by Open GApps. This section details how to install Open GApps.
GENYMOBILE SAS assumes no liability whatsoever resulting from the download, install and use of Google Play Services within your virtual devices. You are solely responsible for the use and assume all liability related thereto.
Moreover, GENYMOBILE SAS disclaims any warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose regarding the compatibility of the Open GApps packages with any version of Genymotion.
In no event shall GENYMOBILE SAS or its affiliates, or their respective officers, directors, employees, or agents be liable with respect to your download or use of the Google Play Services and you release GENYMOBILE SAS from any liability related thereto.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless GENYMOBILE SAS for any claims or costs related to your use or download of the Google Play Services.
# Automatic method 8.0.0
- From your device display, open the File upload widget
- Click on INSTALL OPEN GAPPS.
- Then click on INSTALL.
- After the package is installed, reboot your instance.
- Once done, you may have to wait a couple of minutes for the Google Apps to update themselves before opening them.
- (optional)Open Play Store and sign in.
If your application is not available in Google Play Store, or if you get the message
This application is not compatible with your device, it usually means that it is only available for ARM. In that case, please refer to Applications for ARM
# Manual method
Using this method is not recommended since opengapps.org regularly update their package and may introduce unforeseen bugs. This should only be used in case the Automatic method fails.
- From https://opengapps.org/ (opens new window), download the opengapps package variant
x86_64 - picofor the Android version of your instance.
- Drag'n drop the
open_gapps-x86_64-X.X-pico-XXXXXXXX.zipfile to the device display, or use the command line method.
Command line method (ADB/SSH)
- When flashing is complete, reboot the instance.
- (optional)Open Play Store and sign in.
# Applications for ARM/ARM64
# AWS / Oracle Cloud 11.0.0
We now offer Genymotion Device (PaaS) images which run on ARM64 virtual machines on AWS and OCI! These images can run applications for arm, arm64 and aarch64 "out of the box".
We currently offer Android 8.0 (Oreo) arm64 images, but more will be added in the future.
# GCP / Alibaba / MS Azure
The current Genymotion Device (PaaS) images run on x86_64 virtual machines and only support applications for x86 and x86_64 natively. You need to install ARM translation tools to install and run applications for ARMv7.
- For Intellectual Property reasons, we cannot distribute any ARM translation tools.
- Using ARM translation tools with Genymotion Device Image (PaaS) is not officially supported - we cannot guarantee Genymotion operations nor provide technical support in this case. Do it at your own risks!
- ARM translation tools do not work with applications for arm-v8/arm64/aarch64.
- There no known ARM translation tools for Android 10 and above.
The ARM translation tool must match your virtual device Android version. The easiest method to install the tools is to use the Drag'n Drop feature:
- Drag'n drop the ARM translation tools zip file to the device display, or use the File upload widget.
- Once flashed, reboot your instance using the Power Off and Reboot feature.
You can also do it by command line with ADB or SSH:
Command line (adb/ssh)
- Connect your instance to ADB or SSH
- Upload the ARM translation tools zip file to the device and flash it:
- Once flashed, reboot your instance.
To verify whether the ARM translation tools are properly install, you can use a third party app, such as Device Info, and verify that the available instruction sets (supported ABIs) are
x86_64, x86, armeabi-v7a, armeabi:
If successful, it should return