Generate and attach an external disk¶
- Create a new EBS volume1 from the EC2 console (Elastic Book Store > Volumes).
- Attach the volume to the desired instance
- Start the instance
It is also possible to create the external EBS volume when creating an instance.
From this point the external disk will be mounted on
/data and will be seen as the instance internal storage by the Android OS.
Migrate the external disk to another instance¶
The original and target instances should have the same Android version. If versions are different, we cannot guarantee the result.
- Make sure that both the original and target instances are powered off
- Detach the external volume from the original instance
- From Elastic Book Store > Volumes, attach the volume to the target instance
- Start the target instance
The original instance internal storage
/data will then replace the target instance one - all the applications and settings installed in the original instance will be available in the target instance.