Macos Installation Guide¶
- Running Genymotion Desktop in a virtual machine (VirtualBox, VMWare, Parallels, Hyper-V or VirtualPC) or a server is not supported. For more details, please refer to Can I run Genymotion Desktop in a virtual machine? and Can I run Genymotion Desktop in a server?.
- Macs with Apple Silicon CPUs, such as the new Mac M1 series, are not supported yet. For more information, please refer to our FAQ.
- Genymotion Desktop has not been tested on macOS Monterey, but it has been reported to work with VirtualBox 6.1.30.
Genymotion Desktop has been tested on the following macOS versions:
- macOS 11 (Big Sur)
- macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
- macOS 10.14 (Mojave)
- macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)
On macOS 12 (Monterey), you need to install VirtualBox 6.1.30. You can find the dmg installer at https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/6.1.30/VirtualBox-6.1.30-148432-OSX.dmg
Unlike Windows, we do not provide an installer with VirtualBox for macOS - it has to be installed beforehand:
- Download VirtualBox 6.1.14 installer for Macos at https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/6.1.16/VirtualBox-6.1.16-140961-OSX.dmg
- Install VirtualBox
- Go to macOS System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General, and then click the Allow button:
- Reboot your Mac
Genymotion Desktop Installation Guide¶
- Go to the Genymotion download page and download the macOS package.
- Open the .dmg file.
- Drag and drop Genymotion and Genymotion Shell to the Applications directory.