Windows Installation Guide¶
The following Windows 64-bit versions are supported:
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
Genymotion Desktop requires an hypervisor to run the Android system. Since Genymotion Desktop 3.3, it is now possible to use VirtualBox or QEMU as hypervisor.
If you choose QEMU hypervisor, there is nothing to install but you need to make sure that Hyper-V is enabled:
- Search for "Turn Windows Features on or off" using Windows Search or Cortana and pick same from search results.
In the Turn Windows Features on or off window, verify that all the Hyper-V options - Hyper-V Management Tools and Hyper-V Platform - are enabled. If not, check them all and click
OKto apply the changes:
Reboot your PC if prompted.
QEMU works best with Hyper-V, but it is not available with Windows Home edition. We recommend using VirtualBox hypervisor with this version.
However, if you still wish to use QEMU, it is possible to install HAXM.
- HAXM only works with Intel CPUs, it is not compatible with AMD CPUs.
- HAXM support is still experimental. Use at your own risks!
I understand the risks and wish to install HAXM
Please refer to HAXM official Git Wiki for detailed instructions.
VirtualBox needs to be installed prior to or alongside Genymotion Desktop. You can download our installer with VirtualBox, or install VirtualBox separately.
If you choose to install Genymotion without VirtualBox, but still wish to use this hypervisor, VirtualBox must be installed separately before running Genymotion. The recommended version is 7.0.4
Genymotion Desktop Installation¶
- Run Genymotion installer for Windows:
genymotion-X.Y.Z-vbox.exeif you wish to install Genymotion and Virtualbox alongside.
- Select the setup language and click OK. By default, the Genymotion language corresponds to your system language. The Genymotion setup wizard opens. Click Next.
- Select the destination folder by clicking Browse. The default destination folder is
C:\Program Files\Genymobile\Genymotion. Then click Next.
- Select the start menu folder by clicking Browse or check Don't create a Start menu folder and click Next.
- Select whether or not to create a desktop icon and click Next.
- Click Install and Finish.