Windows Installation Guide¶
- Running Genymotion Desktop in a virtual machine (VirtualBox, VMWare, Parallels, Hyper-V or VirtualPC) is not supported. For more details, please refer to Can I run Genymotion Desktop in a virtual machine?
- Running Genymotion Desktop on Windows Server editions is not supported. For more information, please refer to Can I run Genymotion Desktop in a server?
- Windows 7 is no longer supported.
- We no longer provides Genymotion Desktop for Windows 32 bits.
- Supported Windows editions are Windows 10 (64 bits) and Windows 8/8.1 (64 bits).
Genymotion Desktop has been tested on the following Windows versions:
- Windows 8, 8.1 (64 bit)
- Windows 10 (64 bit)
- Go to the Genymotion download page.
- Download the ready-to-run Genymotion for Windows with Virtualbox, or the installer without VirtualBox1.
- Run the downloaded
- Select the setup language and click OK. By default, the Genymotion language corresponds to your system language. The Genymotion setup wizard opens. Click Next.
- Select the destination folder by clicking Browse. The default destination folder is
C:\Program Files\Genymobile\Genymotion. Then click Next.
- Select the start menu folder by clicking Browse or check Don't create a Start menu folder and click Next.
- Select whether or not to create a desktop icon and click Next.
- Click Install and Finish.
It is recommended to reboot your PC after installing Genymotion Desktop.
If you choose Genymotion installer without VirtualBox, you must first download and install VirtualBox 6.1.14 for Windows at https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/6.1.14/VirtualBox-6.1.14-140239-Win.exe. ↩