In this section, you will get all the information you need to start using Genymotion Desktop in terms of requirements, installation and license. You will also be guided through the very first actions to quickly have a virtual device ready to run an application.
In order to use and download Genymotion Desktop, you need to create and activate a Genymotion account:
- Create an account here
- An email will be sent to you, click on the validation link to activate your account.
- Follow the instructions from the activation confirmation page to download Genymotion for your system.
- VT-x or AMD-V/SMV capability must be enabled in the Bios/UEFI
- The minimal hardware requirements can only run Android 6.0 and below with acceptable performance. Higher Android versions will be slow.
- SSSE3 capability is mandatory to run Android 7.0 and higher.
- The Mac M1 and M2 series with Apple Silicon CPU are not supported yet.
- Genymotion Desktop is only available for 64-bit CPUs (x86_64, amd64) and OSes.
|CPU||64-bit Intel 4th generation or AMD FX/Opteron|
|Graphics||OpenGL 3.0 capable video card.
We recommend Nvidia GeForce 500 Series (2011) or AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series (2011).
|Free HD space||250MB for Genymotion + 1GB per virtual devices|
Virtual Machines and Servers
Genymotion Desktop supports the following operating systems: