Deploy an Application¶
This section describes how to install applications for x86 or arm (32bit only).
Applications for x86¶
Genymotion Desktop virtual devices architecture is x86 - applications for x86 can be installed "out of the box" using one of the following methods:
Drag and drop an APK file to the virtual device display to install it:
You need to install Open GApps package to get Google Play Store:
- Install Open GApps.
- Open the Play Store.
- Configure your Google account.
- Search and install your application.
If the application cannot be found or if it says "Your device is not compatible", it may mean that your application has been compiled for ARM only. See Applications for ARM for more details.
Run the following command:
adb install <application name>.apk
For more information, please refer to this section.
Applications for ARM¶
Genymotion Desktop virtual devices architecture is x86 (32-bit) - if your application is available or has been compiled for ARMv7 only, you must install ARM translation libraries to deploy and run it.
ARM translation libraries can only interpret applications for arm (32bit, armv7). It does not work with applications for arm64/aarch64 (armv8).
Install the ARM translation tools¶
- Using ARM translation tools with Genymotion Desktop is not officially supported and may corrupt your virtual device. We cannot guarantee Genymotion operations nor provide technical support in this case - do it at your own risks!
- For Intellectual Property reasons, we cannot distribute any ARM translation tools.
- There are no ARM translation tools for Android 10 and above.
- Drag'n drop the ARM translation tools .zip file to the device display.
- Once done, reboot the device or close and restart it.
Upload the ARM translation tools zip file:
adb push Genymotion-ARM-Translation_for_X.X.zip /sdcard/Download/
Flash the tools:
adb shell "/system/bin/flash-archive.sh /sdcard/Download/Genymotion-ARM-Translation_for_X.X.zip"
Reboot the device:
Verify the ARM translation tools installation¶
You can use a third party application, such as Device Info, and verify that the available instruction sets (supported ABIs) are
x86, armeabi-v7a, armeabi.
Or you can use the following ADB command:
adb shell getprop ro.product.cpu.abilist
This should return
Install the Application¶
Follow the same steps as Applications for x86 to deploy the application.
Google Play Store
To install applications for ARM from Google Play Store, the ARM translation tools must be installed before the Open Gapps package.