# Deploy an Application
This section describes how to install applications for x86 or arm (32bit only).
# Applications for x86
Genymotion Desktop virtual devices architecture is x86 - applications for x86 can be installed "out of the box" using one of the following methods:
# Drag and Drop
Drag and drop an APK file to the virtual device display to install it:
# Google Play Store
You need to install Open GApps package to get Google Play Store:
- Install Open GApps.
- Open the Play Store.
- Configure your Google account.
- Search and install your application.
If the application cannot be found or if it says "Your device is not compatible", it may mean that your application has been compiled for ARM only. See Applications for ARM for more details.
# Command line (ADB)
Run the following command:
adb install <application name>.apk. For more information, see ADB
# Applications for ARM
Genymotion Desktop virtual devices architecture is x86 (32-bit) - if your application is available or has been compiled for ARMv7 only, you must install ARM translation libraries to deploy and run it.
ARM translation libraries can only interpret applications for arm (32bit, armv7). It does not work with applications for arm64/aarch64 (armv8).
# 1. Install the ARM translation tools
- For legal reasons, we cannot distribute any ARM translation tools.
- Using ARM translation tools with Genymotion Desktop is not officially supported - we cannot guarantee Genymotion operations nor provide technical support in this case. Do it at your own risks!
- There are no ARM translation tools for Android 10 and above.
The easiest method is to use Drag'n Drop:
- Drag'n drop the ARM translation tools .zip file to the device display.
- Once done, reboot the device or close and restart it.
It is also possible to do it by command line, with ADB:
Command line (ADB)
- Upload and flash the ARM translation tools zip file:
# Upload the ARM libs zip file $ adb push Genymotion-ARM-Translation_for_X.X.zip /sdcard/Download/ # Flash the zip file $ adb shell /system/bin/flash-archive.sh /sdcard/Download/Genymotion-ARM-Translation_for_X.X.zip
- Reboot the device with
# 2. Verify the ARM translation tools installation
You can use a third party application, such as Device Info, and verify that the available instruction sets (supported ABIs) are
x86, armeabi-v7a, armeabi.
Or you can use the following ADB command:
adb shell getprop ro.product.cpu.abilist
This should return
# 3. Install the Application
Follow the same steps as Applications for x86 to deploy the application.
To install applications for ARM from Google Play Store, the ARM translation tools must be installed before the Open Gapps package.