Genymotion Cloud offers collaboration features which enable teams to work more efficiently together from a same resource. Thus all people involved in the life cycle of an application can contribute to its development thanks to the ability to share an application, a virtual device or even a live session for immediate feedback. This section explains how to use those collaboration features.
Sharing a virtual device
Sharing a virtual device allows you to send a virtual device containing all your settings and installed applications to other Genymotion Cloud users so they can use the exact same configuration as yours within minutes. This allows for example to test an application that needs some dependencies to run on a pre-configured virtual device.
Members of your organization or guest users can be added to the sharing. Guests will only be able to access the shared resource while you (the owner) or members of your organization (collaborators) will be able to add or remove other people to the sharing.
You can only share saved virtual devices. See Basic Steps - Saving a virtual device.
To add or remove users to the virtual device sharing:
- From Templates, click and on the saved virtual device you wish to share.
- Update users who can access the sharing:
- In Add users, add e-mail addresses of the people you wish to share the virtual device with.
- Click to remove people from the sharing.
- (Optional) Add the message of your choice to give information to users about the purpose of the shared virtual device.
- Click Save
The virtual device is now available to the new users you have specified. In the meantime, a notification e-mail is sent to them. They can access the shared virtual device via that e-mail, by signing in to Genymotion Cloud or by copy-pasting the share link in the address bar.
Accessing a shared virtual device
Once someone has shared a virtual device with you, you receive a notification e-mail from Genymotion Cloud.
Access the virtual device
Open the e-mail received from Genymotion Cloud stating that someone shared a virtual device with you.
If the email is not in your inbox, check your spam folder and allow the sender for future sharing.
Run virtual device. You are automatically redirected to the virtual device within Genymotion Cloud.
If you already have an account, you can also directly sign in to Genymotion Cloud.
Or else, you will be requested to create a password.
View the shared virtual devices
- From the left-hand side panel, check
Use the available filters to display only some virtual devices or sort them by clicking the column titles of the list. Shared virtual devices can be identified with the icon.
- If you want to view more details about the virtual device (file name, source, version, Genymotion version number, size, capacity, memory and CPU), click and . The owner of the sharing may also have entered a description or comment about the purpose of the sharing.
- To start the virtual device, click and from the corresponding line.
The virtual device is being started. You can now interact with it and use the available widgets. For more information about the widgets, please refer to section Features and emulated sensors.
To quit the virtual device, click
To broadcast a stream of the virtual device to other people, click
Liveshare. For more information about the liveshare feature, please refer to chapter Sharing a live session.
Sharing a live session
The Liveshare feature allows you to broadcast a stream of your running virtual device or application and share it with specific people. Users having access to the session can see all your actions on the virtual device (click, mouse or keyboard events) and can interact in real time with the displayed virtual device. The person who creates the live session is marked as the owner while other participants are marked as viewers.
- From the Resources page, click and to start a virtual device (see Graphical Interface)
- Click and
- Click Add participants.
- Type the e-mail address of the users you want to share a live session with and press Enter.
- Click Confirm.
The maximum amount of users you can share a live session with is currently limited to 5.
To remove participants from a live session, the owner can hover over the user's e-mail address and click .
The owner can stop the session at any time by clicking Stop.
Accessing a live session
Users with whom you share a live session of your virtual device or application receive a notification e-mail from Genymotion Cloud.
- Users without a Genymotion Cloud account can view the live session as a guest. They must click on the link in the notification e-mail and create a password to access the session.
- Users with a Genymotion Cloud account can click on the link and sign in with their credentials. They are then directly redirected to the live session. They can also sign in directly to their Genymotion Cloud account and join the session from the Liveshare page from the action dropdown menu (see Graphical Interface).
When the live session is over, users are redirected to the home page.
If a user joins the live session after it is over, they get a notification that the session has already ended and are redirected to the home page.
To simulate various behaviors of your application according to specific use cases, Genymotion provides easy-to-use widgets which emulate the following sensors and features. Please refer to Features and emulated Sensors for a complete guide.