# Changing Resolution
To change the resolution of your virtual device, follow one of the methods detailed below.
You will need to reboot your device after changing resolution in order to execute the change.
# From a web browser
- From the right-hand side toolbar, click .
- Select a resolution from the dropdown list. The virtual device reboots.
- Refresh the web page. This can take several seconds.
# From command line
Android geometry (size and density) can be changed with the following properties. You must be in the virtual device shell with SSH or PuTTy (see this section) to run the following commands.
setprop persist.graph_mode WidthxHeight-Depth (e.g. 720x1280-32) setprop persist.dpi dpi (e.g. 240)
Only resolutions available in the side toolbar (see previous section) are guaranteed to work, others may cause image corruptions.
# From HTTP API
- To get the API reference, refer to
POST /android/resolutionfrom the instance web user interface.
- To set it directly from the user interface, click on
Try it out.
- Set your resolution, click on execute.
- Reboot the device.