# Creating and setting up an instance
- Go to Amazon Web Services.
- From AWS Marketplace, search for Genymotion.
- Select the version of Genymotion Cloud corresponding to the Android version of virtual devices you wish to run. You can run Genymotion virtual devices based on Lollipop AMI (Android 5.1), Marshmallow AMI (Android 6.0), Nougat AMI (Android 7.0), Oreo AMI (Android 8.0) and Pie AMI (Android 9.0).
- Click Continue.
- In 1-Click Launch section, select a region.
- From EC2 Instance Type section, select an instance corresponding to your needs. You can refer to the table below to know which instance to select depending on your use case.
- Select your security group to define the access rules of your Genymotion instance.
- Accept software terms and launch in 1 click.
By default, the created instance has 4GB. This is enough to run Google apps and a 1GB application. If you need more space, go through the ManualLaunch section instead of the 1-Click Launch section. During step Add Storage, adjust the size of the storage disk by changing default values in the Size field.
/datapartition will be resized accordingly. Once the initial setup is done, the instance automatically starts. It can take up to two minutes before the instance can be accessed through the web browser.
- From the EC2 management console, in Instances, select the instance you want to access.
- From the Description tab, copy the hostname or public IP and paste it to your web browser. A connection warning pops up. This happens because the certificate is auto-signed. Proceed and authenticate. By default, the username is genymotion and the password is the ID of the instance you can retrieve from tab Description. To avoid this security warning, you must install a trusted certificate, as explained in section Installing a certificate.
Below is a table with the recommended instances for the most frequent use cases:
|Basic Android environment |
Limited graphical interface
(automation, monitoring, testing)
|Standard Android environment |
Standard graphical interface
(excluding video streaming and gaming)
|Professional Android environment |
Good visual performance
(Video streaming, 2D gaming)
|Professional Android environment |
High-end graphic rendering
(Better performance for video streaming and 2D gaming)
|Turbocharged Android environment |
(Video streaming, 3D gaming)
|Turbocharged Android environment, hardware-accelerated GPU display |
(Better performance for video streaming, 3D gaming)
A wider range of compatible EC2 instances is available. You can view all of them on Genymotion Cloud on AWS marketplace. For more details on instance types, please refer to Amazon EC2 instance types web page.
# Creating custom images
- From EC2 Management Console, select an instance and click on Actions > Image > Create Image. This will create an AMI in the geographic zone where the former instance was launched. To use this new image on another geographic zone, select the image in AMIs, then click on Copy AMI > Select the zone.
- Follow the standard create instance process to create instances from this custom image.
# Accessing a virtual device from web
Once the initial setup is done, the instance is automatically starts. It can take up to 2 minutes before the instance can be accessed through the browser. Recommended browsers are: Chrome, Opera
From manage EC2 Management console in Instances, select the instance you want to access. In the description section at the bottom, copy the hostname or public IP and paste it to your web browser.
You will have this warning because our certificate is autosigned:
If you don’t want a warning, you must install a trusted certificate. Please refer to Installing a valid certificate.
Proceed to the address.
By default, the username is genymotion and the password is the ID of the instance. You can get it here:
If you want to change the ID/password, refer to this tutorial.