Guide for Genymotion Desktop End Users¶
This chapter explains how users can retrieve a token from the license server in order to use Genymotion with your license server.
Installation and setup¶
Make sure that your system meets Genymotion Desktop requirements before proceeding.
- Download Genymotion Desktop installer for your system from here
- Follow the steps from Genymotion Desktop installation guide to install Genymotion Desktop depending on your system.
Launch Genymotion Desktop. If you already have a Genymotion account, log in with your credentials. Otherwise, you will need to create one. To do so, click CREATE ACCOUNT at the log in screen:
Once your account is activated, log in with your credentials.
In the Usage section, select I have a license and click NEXT:
In the License section, check My company uses an enterprise license server:
Enter the server IP address or URL and click on Connect. The location as well as the expiration date and time of your license will be displayed.
Read the End User License Agreement carefully and check I have read and accept the end user license agreement. Click NEXT:
This will allocate a license token to your machine and open Genymotion Desktop main window:
To verify and access license options, go to Genymotion > Settings > Account:
If you already have an account and you are already logged in, you can follow these steps:
- Open Genymotion Settings (Genymotion → Settings)
In the Account tab, check My company uses an entreprise server:
Enter the server IP address or URL and click on Connect. The location as well as the expiration date and time of your license will be displayed:
From this page, you can perform the following actions:
Change the license server IP/URL.
Renew an offline license.
Release an offline license to make it available for other users. This also closes Genymotion.
Request a temporary offline license.
To use Genymotion outside your company's network for a given period of time, you can request an offline token.
The offline tokens must be enabled by the license server admin first.
To request an offline token:
- Go to Genymotion → Settings in Genymotio Desktop and click on the Account tab:
- Select the duration of their offline token in the drop-down list
- Click REQUEST
Then, they can:
- free the offline token to make it available for other users by clicking RELEASE
- request the offline token renewal by clicking RENEW
For more details about Genymotion Desktop features and usage, please refer to Genymotion Desktop on-line user guide .