The Disk I/O widget allows you to emulate devices with slow internal storage. It can be very handy if your app requires reading large amount of data from the disk such as gallery apps that load locally stored images or game apps that load large files.
To simulate high or poor disk performance:
- Click .
- From Profile, select a type of device:
- High-end device: Read speed limit: 200MB per second;
- Mid-range device: Read speed limit: 100MB per second;
- Low-end device: Read speed limit: 50MB per second;
- Custom device: enter the read speed limit you wish to emulate in MB
or use the slider.
When switching from a device profile to another, the disk cache is automatically cleared. You can force clearing the cache by clicking Clear.