Genymotion is compatible with the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8/8.1, 10 (32 or 64 bit);
- macOS 10.9 or above;
- Linux Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic Beaver) (64 bit) or above;
- Linux Debian 9 (Stretch) (64 bit);
- Linux Fedora 27 (64 bit).
Genymotion cannot be run from a virtual machine. Indeed, it needs a direct access to the hardware in order to provide OpenGL acceleration. Running Genymotion from a virtual machine prevents it to directly access the hardware components. Therefore, Genymotion is incompatible when installed from VMWare, Parallels, Hyper-V or VirtualPC.
Genymotion requires that you have the following hardware on your computer:
- OpenGL 2.0 capable video card, with an up-to-date driver. We recommend the use of one of the following minimum graphic chips: Intel HD Graphics 4000 (2012), Nvidia GeForce 500 Series (2011), ATI Radeon HD 6000 Series (2011);
- 64 bit CPU, with VT-x or AMD-V capability, enabled in BIOS settings;
- RAM memory: at least 2GB;
- Screen resolution greater than 1024 x 768 pixels;
- Free space on hard disk: at least 100MB.
A minimum of 2GB of free space is required to deploy a virtual device. You might need more than 8GB depending on your use of the virtual devices and the applications you have installed.
For installation, updates and services provided by the Genymotion website, one of the following web browsers is required:
- Internet Explorer: version 10 or above;
- Mozilla Firefox: version 3.0 or above;
- Google Chrome: version 2.0 or above;
- Safari: version 4.0 or above.