In order to download and use Genymotion Desktop, you first need to create a Desktop account:
- Create a Desktop account here
- An email will be sent to you, click on the validation link to activate your account.
- Sign in with your credentials.
Genymotion Desktop is compatible with the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8/8.1, 10 (64 bit)
- macOS High Sierra 10.13 or above
- Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic Beaver) (64 bit) or above
- Linux Debian 9 (Stretch) (64 bit)
- Linux Fedora 30 (64 bit) or above
We do not recommend using Genymotion Desktop on 32bit Windows.
If you still wish to do so, please follow these steps:
- Download Genymotion Desktop installer without VirtualBox.
- Download and install VirtualBox 5.2.34 from https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Download_Old_Builds_5_2
- Install Genymotion Desktop
Windows Server edition
Windows Server edition is not supported. Please use Windows 7, 8.x or 10.
Other distributions than Ubuntu 18.04LTS+, Fedora 27+ and Debian 9+ are not supported.
Genymotion Desktop cannot be run from a virtual machine as it needs direct access to hardware in order to provide OpenGL acceleration. Therefore, Genymotion Desktop cannot work when installed and run from VMWare, Parallels, Hyper-V or VirtualPC.
Genymotion Desktop requires that you have the following hardware on your computer:
- OpenGL 2.0 capable video card, with an up-to-date driver. We recommend the use of one of the following minimum graphic chips:
- Intel HD Graphics 4000 (2012)
- Nvidia GeForce 500 Series (2011)
- ATI Radeon HD 6000 Series (2011)
- 64 bit CPU, with VT-x or AMD-V capability, enabled in BIOS settings
- RAM memory: at least 8GB
- Screen resolution greater than 1024 x 768 pixels
- Free space on hard disk: 120MB for Genymotion Desktop + 1GB for one virtual device.
If you wish to deploy more than one virtual devices, count 1GB more per device.
To run virtual devices, you must install Oracle VM VirtualBox. Download the recommended version for your operating system:
- Windows: 6.0.4
- macOS: 6.0.4
- Linux: make sure VirtualBox is installed on your system. If not, install the version included with your package manager.
You do not need to download VirtualBox if you downloaded our installation pack with VirtualBox included.
Our recommended distributions (see Operating Systems) all offer a VirtualBox package version which has been tested (please visit our FAQfor details).
If you are using a different distribution, it may not work "out of the box".
Please make sure that your distribution package provides VirtualBox v5.2.32 or above.